Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 14 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current affairs)
♦‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple in Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu gets GI tag
- The famous Palani panchamirtham, given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu, has been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
♦Scale model of INS Kolkata to be unveiled at Jamia on I-Day
- A model of INS Kolkata that has been gifted to Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) by the Indian Navy will be unveiled at the university on Independence Day.
- A university spokesperson said the model, which costs about ₹12 lakh, will be installed outside the Centre for Information Technology. It will be unveiled by JMI Vice-Chancellor Professor Najma Akhtar
♦Centre’s Swachh Nagar app for waste collection
- An app that will allow users to have waste — solid, wet or construction and demolition (C&D) — collected by their urban local bodies, was launched by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry on Tuesday, along with a new protocol on wastewater treatment that would become a part of cleanliness rankings of cities.Launching the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness survey. , Swachh Survekshan 2020, Minister of State (independent) Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the Swachh Nagar app.
♦Drop prison clause, give tax credit for CSR: Injeti Srinivas Panel
- A high-level committee on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) headed by Injeti Srinivas has suggested doing away with the provision for imprisonment in case of violation of the spending requirement and disclosures, while seeking to allow for tax deduction on the expenditure.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI issues final norms for regulatory sandbox, allows fintechs to test digital solutions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Tuesday issued the final framework for regulatory sandbox in order to enable innovations in the financial technology space.A regulatory sandbox usually refers to live testing of new products or services in a controlled/test regulatory environment for which regulators may permit certain regulatory relaxations for the limited purpose of the testing. RBI will launch the sandbox for entities that meet the criteria of minimum net worth of ₹25 lakh as per their latest audited balance sheet.
- The entity should either be a company incorporated and registered in the country or banks licensed to operate in India. While money transfer services, digital know-your customer, financial inclusion and cybersecurity products are included, crypto currency, credit registry and credit information have been left out.
♦Govt. issues norms for ₹1-lakh crore partial guarantee scheme for NBFCs
- The Centre has issued guidelines on operationalising the ₹1-lakh crore partial guarantee scheme under which the public-sector banks can purchase high-rated pooled assets of financially-sound non-banking finance companies (NBFCs).
- For purchase of high-rated pooled assets of financially-sound NBFCs, amounting to a total of ₹1 lakh crore during the current financial year, the government will provide a one-time, six months’ partial credit guarantee to public sector banks for first loss of up to 10%.
- As per the guidelines issued, the window for one-time partial credit guarantee will be for a period of six months, or till such date by which ₹1 lakh crore assets get purchased by banks.
♦Ola ‘acqui-hires’ AI start-up Pikup.ai
- Cab aggregator Ola on Tuesday announced acqui-hiring’ of Pikup.ai, an artificial intelligence start-up based in Bengaluru. Acqui-hiring typically refers to a transaction in which the staff of the target company join the acquiring firm.
♦KKR Set to Buy EuroKids Chain for ₹2,000 crore
- Global private equity major KKR & Co. is set to acquire about 92% of the preschool and school chains that comprise EuroKids, Kangaroo Kids and Billabong High for about ₹1,500-2,000 crore in what will be one of the largest foreign investments in India’s educational sector.
♦Fairfax India gets 15 years to lower stake in CSB Bank to 15%
- Prem Watsa’s Fairfax India Holdings Corporation, which has 51% stake in Bengaluru based CSB Bank (erstwhile Catholic Syrian Bank), will get 15 years to reduce its stake to 15%, sources said.
- According to a road map prepared by the old generation private sector lender submitted to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Fairfax will have to cut its stake to 40% in the next five years, to 30% in the subsequent five, and to 15% by the end of 15 years.
♦Dhoni backs Cars24, to be brand ambassador
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni will now be lending his name to used car company Cars24. The company has announced a partnership with the cricketer to elevate and strengthen its brand as it continues to expand across markets.
♦P.T. Usha in AAA’s Athletes Commission
- P.T. Usha has been appointed as a member of the Asian Athletics Association (AAA)’s Athletes Commission.
♦JS Sazanami of Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) Visits Kochi
- A missile destroyer of the Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force JS Sazanami is on a two day goodwill visit to Kochi from August 13
♦IoT India Meeting
- The 4th Edition of IoT India Congress, designed and conceptualised by the Institution of Engineering and Technology’s (IET) Internet of Things, will be held on August 22 and 23 in Bengaluru.
♦Rajasthan bags award at World Education Summit
- Rajasthan has bagged the “best innovation and initiative leadership award” for its achievements in higher education in the World Education Summit-2019 held in New Delhi. Minister of State for Higher Education Bhanwar Singh Bhati received the award at the 14th summit.
♦IAF Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman honoured with Vir Chakra
- Indian Air Force Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, celebrated across the nation for shooting down a Pakistani F-16 with his MiG-21 Bison, will be conferred with the Vir Chakra on Independence Day. Vir Chakra is the third highest honour after the Paramvir Chakra and the Mahavir Chakra.
♦Priyam Chatterjee Becomes First Indian Chef To Receive French Honour
- Priyam Chatterjee on Monday became the first Indian chef to be awarded the ”Chevalier de l”Ordre du Merite Agricoleto” by the government of France to recognise his contribution towards reinventing the gastronomic scene in India.
♦Women’s cricket to be part of CWG in Birmingham in 2022
- Cricket will come back to the Commonwealth Games roster for the first time since 1998 with the inclusion of women’s T20 for the 2022 edition in Birmingham, the Commonwealth Games Federation and the ICC announced on Tuesday.
♦SHOOTING will not be a part of the 2022 Birmingham edition
- Unfazed by India’s boycott threat, Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) chief Louise Martin has said that shooting will not be a part of the 2022 Birmingham edition.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here