Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 16 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Prakash Javadekar announces launch of campaign to make India free of single-use plastic
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has announced that a massive campaign will be launched to make India free of single-use plastic.
- The Union Minister said, in this regard, a series of meetings will be held with all stakeholders including state governments to chalk out a concrete plan to make it a people’s campaign to realise the ultimate target.
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar made this announcement at Sau Paulo in Brazil on , after Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech urged people to shun single-use plastic and encouraged the use of jute and cloth bags to protect the environment.
♦Indian Origin youth visiting India under ‘Know India Programme’
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh Launched ‘Know India Programme’.
- A group of Indian Origin youth visiting India under ‘Know India Programme’ (KIP).
- This is the 54th Edition of “Know India Programme”. There are 40 participants in this edition from 9 countries, namely Fiji (07), Guyana (6), Myanmar (03), South Africa (02), Suriname (05), Trinidad & Tobago (07), Mauritius (07), Reunion Island (01), Israel (02), out of which 26 are female and 14 are male. The 54th KIP is scheduled from 1st August to 25th August, 2019 in association with the partner sates of Punjab and Haryana.
- Dr Jitendra Singh said that KIP programme provides an opportunity to the youth of Indian origin to learn about the culture and heritage of India. It also helps them to understand their roots and family connections, he said. The Minister interacted with the youth and understood other aspects including their educational and professional background and the states to which their ancestors belong. The youth also shared their experiences with the Minister.
♦National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” ready for A Colourful Start at Leh-Ladakh
- Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival), a joint initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) is all set for a colourful start tomorrow 17th August, 2019 at Polo Ground, Leh-Ladakh.
- The 9 day event from 17th August till 25th August, 2019 will be inaugurated by the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Shri Satya Pal Malik, Governor at 6pm on 17th August 2019 in the presence of Shri Arjun Munda, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs ; Smt Renuka Singh, Minister for State for Tribal Affairs and Shri R. C. Meena, Chairman TRIFED.
- The theme of the festival is : “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”. TRIFED essentially is to play the role of a ‘Service provider’ & ‘Market Developer.’
♦India’s first space museum inaugurated in Hyderabad
- India’s first Space Science Museum opened in
- Located on the erstwhile Naubat Pahad in the centre of the city, it’s a collaborative effort between the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and the B M Birla Science Centre.
- The ISRO on its part is providing some 65 models of various spacecrafts, satellites and rockets of varying sizes. This museum exhibits scale models of Indian Launch vehicles GSLV Mark III, GSLV Mark II and PSLV, Chandrayaan-1, Mars Orbiter spacecraft, APPLE, Aryabhata, Bhaskara, Rohini RS-1 and a model of the International Space Station (ISS).
Banking and Financial
♦ANZ Banking Group slashes India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.2% in 2019-20
- The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) slashed its forecast for India’s economic growth to 2 per cent in the financial year ending next March from a previous estimate of 6.5 per cent , warning it would be tough for authorities to engineer a turnaround.
Appointment and Resign
♦Govt appoints VG Somani as new Drug Controller General
- The government on August 14 appointed VG Somani as Drug Controller General of India (DCGI). DCGI heads the Indian drug regulatory body the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO), whose functions include ensuring the quality of drugs and cosmetics sold in the country, approval of new drugs and regulating clinical trials.
♦Cathay Pacific Airways CEO quits in blowback over Hong Kong mass protests
- The boss of Hong Kong carrier Cathay Pacific Airways quit on 16 August, the highest-profile corporate casualty of unrest roiling the former British colony, after Beijing targeted the airline over staff involvement in mass protests.
- The corporate upheaval comes ahead of a weekend where further protests are planned, including what could be a large gathering on Sunday that could test whether a movement that has enjoyed broad support can retain it, even as violence escalates.
♦Japanese missile destroyer ship “JS Sazanami” on two-day visit to Kochi
- Japanese missile destroyer “JS Sazanami” reached south India’s port of Kochi on a two-day goodwill visit, said Indian Navy sources in New Delhi on 14 august.
- On the occasion, naval personnel belonging to both countries will discuss professional subjects of common interests.
- The vessel belonging to the “Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF)”, is commanded by Commander Shoji Ishkawa.
♦Wrestler Bajrang Punia nominated for Khel Ratna award
- Asian and Commonwealth Games gold-medallist wrestler Bajrang Punia was on Friday nominated for the country’s highest sporting honour – the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- His name was finalised by a 12-member selection committee on the opening day of a two-day meeting. The panel comprises the likes of Bhaichung Bhutia and MC Mary Kom among others.
- Bajrang had last year won the gold medal in the 65-kg freestyle event at the Asian Games held in Jakarta.
♦Ravi Shastri re-appointed Cricket Team India head coach
- Ravi Shastri will continue as the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team, winning a second term on Friday. The three-member Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) instituted by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), comprising Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy, announced the decision after conducting interviews with the prime candidates.
♦First death anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Today is first death anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The BJP stalwart had breathed his last on this day last year.
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee served as the Prime Minister for three times. His first term was for only 13 days in 1996.
- He served his second term for a period of eleven months from 1998 to 1999 and then a full term from 1999 to 2004.
- He was awarded India’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna in 2015. Many functions have been planned across the country in memory of the great leader.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here