Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 17 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Health Ministry To Launch A Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan In Delhi
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is all set to launch a special campaign in Delhi to sensitize and mobilise the community on measures for prevention and control of Vector Borne Diseases (VBDs) like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya. The three –day campaign will start from 17th July, 2019. Speaking on the eve of this campaign, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare stated that this three-day campaign is aimed at making the community a partner for checking vector/mosquito breeding across Delhi.
- “It is going to be a ‘Peoples Movement’ from 17th to 19th July, 2019 in Delhi through active involvement of people’s representatives, officers from Government of India, Government of NCT Delhi, all three Delhi Municipal Corporations, New Delhi Municipal Council, Railways and Cantonment boardand other stakeholders to combat malaria, dengue and chikungunya”,.
Banking and Financial
♦ICICI Bank launches digital banking platform ‘InstaBIZ’ for MSMEs
- ICICI Bank announces the launch of a new digital platform curated specially for MSMEs and self-employed customers to enable them to undertake their business banking transactions digitally and instantly. Called, ‘InstaBIZ’, it allows customers to avail as many as over 115 products and services in a digital and secure manner on their mobile phone or internet banking platform.
- Many of the services are first-in-the-industry and are available instantly. With this, MSMEs can now enjoy enhanced convenience and productivity, as they can complete their banking transactions ‘on-the-go’, without visiting a bank branch.
♦FDI in food processing sector down 31% at $ 628.24 million in 2018-19
- The foreign direct investment (FDI) in the food processing sector fell by 31 per cent in 2018-19 to $ 628.24 million, the government told the Lok Sabha on Tuesday. FDI inflow into the sector stood at $904.90 million during 2017-18 financial year.
- The sector attracted FDI worth $ 727.22 million in 2016-17, said Food processing minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal in a written reply to a question in the lower house of Parliament.
♦Anusuiya Uikey, Biswa Bhusan appointed Governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh
- Sitting Rajya Sabha member Anusuiya Uikey and senior BJP leader Biswa Bushan Harichandan were on Tuesday appointed as governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh respectively.
- The files of their appointment was cleared by President Ram Nath Kovind after which a formal order was issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The post of Chhattisgarh governor was under the additional charge of Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel since August after the demise of Balram Das Tandon.
- Hailing from Chhindwara, Mr Uikey, 62, whose Rajya Sabha term was to end in 2022, has taken special interest in the delivery of justice to women, specially tribal women and solution of their problems.
♦Coca-Cola India rejigs top deck, appoints Sarvita Sethi as V-P M&A
- Coca-Cola India has made two key changes at its top management. Keeping with developing business needs and investment in talent development, the Gurugram-headquartered firm has replaced its chief financial officer and appointed a new head for its incubation project.
- Sarvita Sethi, who in 2016 had become the first woman to head the company’s finances for the region, would now be vice-president, merger and acquisitions (M&A) and new ventures, for Coke’s India and Southwest Asia region. Her appointment in a newly created position is of significance. In her new position, she will be responsible for the firm’s crucial incubator, which involves conceptualising, developing and launching new products relevant to the market, besides scaling up these new brands or products until they can be managed by general marketing and sales teams.
♦Israel inks $50m deal with India to supply medium surface-to-air missile systems to Navy
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) Wednesday signed a $50 million follow-up agreement with India to provide complementary Naval MRSAM (medium range surface-to-air missile) systems to the Indian Navy, reported news agency PTI. In a statement issued by IAI, the state-owned company said, “The deal involves follow up order for a range of maintenance and other services for various sub-systems of IAI’s advanced MRSAM ADS.”
- As per the contract, the state-owned company will provide a range of maintenance and other services for various sub-systems of IAI’s advanced MSRAM air defence system.
♦Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju Confers Arjuna Award to Rohan Bopanna, Smriti Mandhana
- Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju conferred Arjuna Awards to tennis player Rohan Bopanna and women cricketer Smriti Mandhana on Tuesday. The duo did not receive the Arjuna Awards during the Award ceremony held last year on September 25 in Rashtrapati Bhawan, as they were out of the country taking part in international tournaments.
- Bopanna who won the tennis gold medal in men’s double category in Asian Games 2018 was awarded the Arjuna Award. “It is very proud and great feeling for me. Especially when you are recognized by country Arjuna Awards winner. I’m very happy to receive this (award). Sports minister conferred me the award and he is very concerned about the sports in India.
♦Victims on International Justice Day
World Day for International Justice is also known as International Criminal Justice Day or International Justice Day. It is observed globally on 17 July every year to recognise the strengthening system of international justice. Let us read more about World Day for International Justice, history and its significance.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here