Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 20 & 21th July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Chandrayaan-2 moon mission to take off on July 22 at 2.43 pm: Isro
- India’s second mission to the Moon — Chandrayaan-2 — will now lift off at 2.43 pm on July 22 with scientists resolving the technical glitch in GSLV-MkIII-M1 rocket that led to the aborting of the launch three days ago, the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) said on Thursday.
- Chandrayaan-2 was originally scheduled to take off in the first week of January but was rescheduled for 2.50 am on July 15. It was again postponed after a technical snag was observed in the rocket GSLV Mk-III, which is the most powerful and heaviest rocket of Isro.
Note- About ISRO
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
♦Kerala to set up India’s first space tech park in Thiruvananthapuram
- The Kerala government will set up the country’s first space tech park at Thiruvananthapuram’s Knowledge City. The move is aimed at making the city a manufacturing hub for space-related technology.
- A space museum named after former President of India Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will also be a part of the infrastructure. The state government has issued orders to allot the land required for the facility. This will be an added attraction. The entire investment will be made by the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), a major space research centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
Note- About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
♦Amit Shah to head panel on Air India sale
- Home Minister Amit Shah will head a reconstituted group of ministers (GoM) on Air India disinvestment and Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has been dropped from the panel, sources said.
- The panel, which is to work out modalities for the sale of Air India, will now have four Ministers — Mr. Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Commerce and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
- The panel — Air India Specific Alternative Mechanism (AISAM) — was first set up in June 2017.
♦Anandiben Patel Replaces Ram Naik as UP Governor, 5 Others Transferred
- In a major rejig, Madhya Pradesh Governor and former Chief Minister of Gujarat Anandiben Patel has been transferred and appointed as the new Governor of Uttar Pradesh after the Centre on Saturday appointed six new Governors in MP, UP, West Bengal, Bihar, Nagaland and Tripura.
- The announcement was made in a statement released by the Rashtrapati Bhavan. “The appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their respective offices,” the communique said.
- Senior Supreme Court advocate Jagdeep Dhankhar was appointed as the new Governor of West Bengal, replacing Keshari Nath Tripathi.
- Dhankhar, 68, who was Union deputy minister of parliamentary affairs in 1990-1991, quit the Congress in 2003 and became a member of the BJP.
- BJP member Ramesh Bais has been appointed as the Governor of Tripura, replacing Kaptan Singh Solanki.
- Lal Ji Tandon, who is at present the Governor of Bihar, has been transferred and appointed as the Governor of Madhya Pradesh, the statement said.
- Tandon replaces Anandiben who has now got the charge of Uttar Pradesh, while Phagu Chauhan has been appointed as the Governor of Bihar and RN Ravi has been appointed as the Governor of Nagaland.
- Earlier this week, sitting Rajya Sabha member Anusuiya Uikey and senior BJP leader Biswa Bushan Harichandan were appointed as governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh respectively.
|Madhya Pradesh||Lal Ji Tandon|
|Uttar Pradesh||Anandi Ben Patel|
|West Bengal||Jagdeep Dhankhar|
|Andhra Pradesh||Biswa Bushan|
|Himachal Pradesh||Kalraj Mishra|
♦Ajay Bhadoo appointed as Joint Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Shri Ajay Bhadoo, IAS (GJ:1999) as Joint Secretary to the President for a tenure co-terminus with the President.
- Vadodara Municipal Commissioner (VMC) Ajay Bhadoo has been deputed as the Joint Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, making way for a change of guard at the VMC. Bhadoo has been the municipal commissioner of Vadodara since July 2018 and is also the chairman of the Vadodara Urban Development Authority (VUDA).
♦Golden Girl’, Hima Das bags fifth gold medal of the month
- Making a sensational comeback to her favourite event, Hima Das won her fifth gold of the month in the 400-metre race at the Czech Republic on Saturday. The 19-year-old athlete, whose season-best before the win was 52.88 seconds, recorded her best timing — 52.09 seconds — in the 400-metre event.
- In her first competitive 200m race of the year, the 19-year-old Assam runner had clocked 23.65 seconds on her way to gold at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland on July 2. After that, she won her second 200m gold at the Kutno Athletics Meet, also in Poland, on July 7 with a time of 23.97 seconds. On July 13, she won her third 200m gold at the Kladno Athletics Meet in the Czech Republic with a time of 23.43. What really got everyone talking was how she improved her time with every win.
♦Indonesia Open final to Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi won
- Star badminton player P.V. Sindhu had to be content with a runner-up finish at the Indonesia Open after losing the title clash in straight games to Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi, in Jakarta on July 21.
- Sindhu lost the final of the BWF Tour Super 1000 tournament 15-21 16-21 to the fourth seed.
- The Olympic silver medallist had come into the contest with a favourable 10-4 head-to-head record against the Japanese.
Note- About Indonesia
- Capital: Jakarta
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- President- Joko Widodo
♦Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Malik clinches Mr South Asia title
- Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Kumar Malik has clinched Mr. South Asia title. He has crowned the overall champion at 12th South Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship in Kathmanduon 20TH July.
- Malik, the winner of 80 kg category, was adjudged best bodybuilder among the winners of nine senior men’s weight categories. Afghanistan won team championship by securing a top position with 535 points. Host Nepal finished second with 445 points, while India remained third with 380 points.
♦Delhi’s Prithu becomes India’s 64th Grandmaster
- Delhi’s Prithu Gupta has become India’s 64th Grandmaster, crossing the Elo threshold of 2500 points after beating IM Lev Yankelevich in the fifth round of the Portuguese League 2019.
- Gupta, who picked up the sport as a nine-year-old, has achieved the sensational feat at the age of 15 years, 4 months and 10 days.
- His achievement came 31 years after Viswanathan Anand had become India’s first Grandmaster.
♦Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships: India men, women’s teams win titles
- England tried to change the script but the Indian men brought in a twist to the tale through birthday boy Harmeet Desai to end the English hopes to lift the Host Association’s Cup.
- The men beat England 3-2 while Indian women defeated England 3-0 to dethrone the defending champions Singapore who had a stranglehold on the trophy since 1997. After having won the Cup for eight consecutive times, their vice-like grip was snapped when they chose to send a weak team.
- Men, on the other hand, could extend their reign for the second successive time after annexing the title in the previous edition at Surat in 2015. The Indian men had won their first crown in Kuala Lumpur in 2004.
♦Sheila Dikshit, Three-Time Delhi Chief Minister, Dies At 81
- Veteran Congress leader Sheila Dikshit, the longest serving chief minister of Delhi, has died of a cardiac arrest. She was 81.
- Sheila Dikshit was admitted to Escorts hospital Saturday morning. “A multi-disciplinary team of doctors, led by Dr Ashok Seth, Chairman, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, carried out the advanced resuscitative measures. Her condition stabilised temporarily. However, she had another cardiac arrest and despite all the resuscitative efforts, passed away at 3:55pm on 20th of July 2019,” Fortis said in a statement.
♦LJP MP Ram Chandra Paswan passes away
- Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) MP from Bihar’s Samastipur Ram Chandra Paswan died on Sunday afternoon following a brief illness. He was 57.
- Ram Chandra Paswan, the younger brother of Union minister and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan, passed away at 1.24 p.m. at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital here.
- He was admitted to the hospital last week after suffering a heart attack.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here