Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 21 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Telangana CM Chandrashekar Rao inaugurates Kaleshwaram project
- Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao on Friday dedicated one of the largest multi-stage and multi-purpose lift irrigation schemes, the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project, which envisages irrigating over 37 lakh acres of new and existing ayacut in 21 districts of the State, to the nation.
- Among those present were Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana E.S.L. Narasimhan, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, besides several Cabinet colleagues of Mr. Rao, project engineers, executives and engineers of the work agencies and other equipment suppliers and bankers of the consortium that financed the project through a special purpose vehicle.
Note- About Telangana
- Founded: 2 June 2014
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
♦PM Modi to attend G-20 summit in Japan from June 27-29
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the G-20 summit in Osaka in Japan from June 27 to 29, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said on Friday.
- MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar announced that former Union minister Suresh Prabhu would be India’s Sherpa at the meet.
- “This would be the sixth time that Prime Minister Modi would be participating in the summit. He would hold bilateral (discussions) and participate in plurilateral meetings which would be announced closer to the date,” Mr. Kumar said.
- G-20 members are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the UK and the US.
Note- About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- PM- Shinzō Abe
♦Indian engineer Nitesh Kumar Jangir wins Innovation Award in UK for neonatal breathing device
- An Indian engineer whose low-cost neonatal breathing device has saved the lives of new-born babies across small towns of India, has won the 2019 Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Award in London.
- Nitesh Kumar Jangir, who created Saans as a breathing support device to tackle avoidable deaths of premature babies from respiratory distress syndrome due to a lack of immediate access to complex medical equipment, received his award in the ‘People’ category alongside 14 other innovators from across the 53 member-countries of the Commonwealth.
♦Folksam Grand Prix: Gold for Chitra and Sreeshankar, Johnson wins silver
- Asian champion P.U. Chitra beat former Commonwealth Games champion Kenya’s Mercy Cherono and won the women’s 1500m gold with a season best of 4:12.65s at the Folksam Grand Prix in Sollentuna, Sweden on Tuesday.
- Asian Games gold medallist Jinson Johnson won the silver in the men’s 1500m clocking 3:39.69s as he finished behind Sweden’s Andreas Almgren (3:39.68s).
- National record holder Murali Sreeshankar won the men’s long jump gold comfortably with an impressive opening effort of 7.93m at the Copenhagen Athletics Games in Denmark. He equalled his season-best effort which came in Lyon, France.
♦World Archery appoints Abhinav Bindra to sort AAI mess
- India’s only individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra was on Thursday appointed as an independent person by the World Archery to sort out the ongoing mess in the national federation (AAI).
- The development comes a day after the world body de-listed the Archery Association of India for violating the constitution by unanimously electing two parallel bodies in Chandigarh and New Delhi.
- “World Archery have appointed an independent person who is Mr Bindra (sic) who is a highly respected athlete as you well know,” WA secretary general Tom Dielen wrote in a mail to Indian Olympic Association president Narinder Batra.
♦Spain’s Fernando Torres announces retirement
- Fernando Torres, the former Atletico Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea forward who won the World Cup with Spain, announced on Friday he was retiring.
- “I have something very important to announce. After 18 exciting years, the time has come to put an end to my football career,”.
Note- About Spain
- King: Felipe VI of Spain
- Capital: Madrid
- Currency: Euro
♦India celebrates 5th International Yoga Day 21 June
- Speaking on the occasion, Prime Minister stresses the need to integrate yoga with health schemes.Prime Minister Modi that in the last five years the Government has integrated yoga with health and wellness to make it a pillar of preventive health care.
- Prime Minister Modi said, in today’s changing times the focus must be on wellness as well as protection from illness. He said, Yoga is discipline and dedication and it has to be obeyed throughout life. Prime Minister stressed on the need to take modern yoga to the Rural and Tribal land. He said yoga can make the poor come out of diseases and poverty. Prime Minister Modi said yoga provides a perfect blend of knowledge, work and devotion. He also stressed on research related to yoga.
- Theme 2019 : Yoga for Climate Action
♦21 June World Music Day 2019
- June 21, marks the beginning of summer solstice, which is the longest day of the year and is also celebrated as Fete de la Musique or World Music Day. The day also coincides with International Day of Yoga. World Music Day has its origins in France, but soon got adopted by over 120 nations across the world, including India.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here