Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 23 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kumaraswamy loses trust vote in Karnataka Assembly; Cong-JD(S) govt falls
- The Congress-JDS government in Karnataka collapsed on Monday after the confidence motion moved by Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy was defeated in the assembly, ending his 14-month long turbulent tenure.
- Capping a three-week long high-voltage intense power struggle triggered by a raft of resignations by rebel lawmakers, that pushed the government to the brink of collapse, the motion was defeated with 99 members voting for the motion and 105 against it.
Note –About Karnataka
- Folk Dance- Yakshagana, Suggi Kunitha, Karaga
- Dam-Krishna Raja Sagara, Tungabhadra Dam (Tungabhadra River), Bhadra Dam (Bhadra River), Linganamakki dam (Sharavathi river), Almatti Dam (Krishna River)
International (Current Affairs)
♦Boris Johnson wins Conservative Party leadership, set to become next U.K. Prime Minister
- Boris Johnson, the ebullient Brexiteer who has promised to lead Britain out of the European Union with or without a deal by Halloween, will replace Theresa May as Prime Minister after winning the leadership of the Conservative Party on Tuesday.
- His victory catapults the United Kingdom towards a Brexit showdown with the EU and towards a constitutional crisis at home, as British lawmakers have vowed to bring down any government that tries to leave the bloc without a divorce deal.
- Mr. Johnson, the face of the 2016 Brexit referendum, won the votes of 92,153 members of the Conservative party, to 46,656 for his rival, Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
Note- About UK
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound
Banking and Financial
♦IMF cuts India’s GDP growth rate to 7% due to subdued domestic demand
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut its projection for India’s economic growth by 0.3 percentage point to 7 per cent for 2019-20 due to subdued domestic demand. For the next financial year, the projection was also cut by 0.3 percentage point to 7.2 per cent.
- “India’s economy is set to grow at 7.0 percent in 2019, picking up to 7.2 percent in 2020. The downward revision of 0.3 percentage point for both years reflects a weaker-than expected outlook for domestic demand,” IMF said in its update on its flagship report — the World Economic Outlook on 23rd July.
♦World Bank continues to support Andhra Pradesh with over $ 1 billion programme
- The World Bank (WB) continues to support the state with over $ 1 billion programme, said the government here in a statement on Sunday.
- “The World Bank continues to support the state of Andhra Pradesh with over $1 billion programme that covers the health, agriculture, energy and disaster management sectors. This includes a new $328 million support to the state’s health sector signed with the Government of Andhra Pradesh on June 27, 2019,” said the statement issued from the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO).
- The WB in a statement on Sunday said that the Government of India (GoI) withdrew its request to the World Bank for financing the proposed Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project.
- “On July 15 the Government of India (GoI) withdrew its request to the World Bank for financing the proposed Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project. The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has been informed that the proposed project is no longer under preparation following the government’s decision,” the World Bank said.
- “The World Bank continues to support the state of Andhra Pradesh with over $1 billion program that covers the health, agriculture, energy and disaster management sectors. This includes a new $328 million support to the state’s health sector signed with the Government of Andhra Pradesh on June 27,” it reaffirmed.
- World Bank said that it has a productive relationship with the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Note – About Andhra Pradesh
- Capitals: Amaravati
- Statehood: 1 November 1956
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Govnor- Biswa Bhushan Harichandran
♦Reebok signs Varun Dhawan as its new brand ambassador
- Who’s the new face of Reebok India!
- Reebok, the noteworthy sports and fitness brand, has signed Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan as its brand ambassador.
- Varun Dhawan is known for diligently following disciplinary fitness regime and therefore he personifies the brand ethos, which will ignite a spark of energy amongst the youth.
Note- About Reebok
- Founded: 1958, Bolton, United Kingdom
- Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
♦M.M. Naravane to be next Vice-Chief of Army Staff
- Lieutenant-General M.M. Naravane, currently General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Army Command, has been appointed the next Vice-Chief of the Army Staff in a series of changes in the Army’s top brass, defence sources said on Monday. He will take over from Lt. Gen. D. Anbu when he retires on August 31.
- Lt.Gen. Naravane, the senior-most officer in the force after the Chief of the Army Staff, General Bipin Rawat, is in line to succeed him on his retirement on December 30.
- Lt.Gen. R.P. Singh will take over as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Army Command, from Lt.Gen. Surinder Singh, who retires on July 31.
♦Isner won Hall of Fame Open
- John Isner lumbered toward the net and didn’t get to see his match-ending forehand winner down the line as he fell forward onto the extremely hot grass court.
- The top seed used his blistering serve and a good passing shot after his opponent’s unconventional serve on match point to overcome the scorching conditions and win the title for the fourth time in Newport, beating No. 7 seed Alexander Bublik 7-6 (2), 6-3 on Sunday at the Hall of Fame Open.
♦23rd July National broadcasting Day
- Today is National Broadcasting day. On this day in 1927, the first ever radio broadcast in the country went on the air from the Bombay Station under a private company, the Indian Broadcasting Company.
- On 8th of June, 1936, the Indian State Broadcasting Service became All India Radio. Since 1927, radio has been an important part in people’s life in India.
- All India Radio has been serving to inform, educate and entertain the masses since it’s inception, truly living up to its motto – Bahujan Hitaya Bahujan Sukhaya.
♦24th July Income Tax Department to celebrate Aaykar Diwas 2019
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and all field offices will be observing and celebrating the 159th Income Tax Day i.e. AaykarDiwas on 24th July, 2019. It was on 24th July, 1860 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson to compensate for the losses incurred by the British regime during the first war of independence against British Rule. This is why 24th July is observed as the Income Tax Day.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|