Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 24 June 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Self Defence Training for Girls in Schools under Samagra Shiksha
- Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched Integrated Scheme for School Education i.e. Samagra Shiksha effective from 2018-19. Self Defence training for girls is an activity under Samagra Shiksha. Keeping in view, the rising number of crimes against girls and women in the country and to ensure safety and security of girls, Self Defence training is imparted to girls of class VI to XII belonging to Government Schools.
- Funds for this purpose are provided for three months @ Rs. 3000/- per school per month for inculcating self-defence skills including life skill for self-protection and self-development among the girls.
♦Yoga guru Baba Ramdev to release an Autobiography titled ‘My Life, My Mission’
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev will unveil the trials, tribulations, and triumphs of his life and provide insights into his childhood in his soon-to-be published autobiography.
- The book, My Life, My Mission, co-authored with senior journalist Uday Mahurkar, also addresses the major controversies, turning points and achievements of the yoga exponent’s life.
- The book is expected to hit the stands in August, publishers Penguin Random House said in a statement.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mauritania’s Mohamed Ould Ghazouani won the presidential election
- Mauritania’s government-backed candidate Mohamed Ould Ghazouani won the presidential election on Sunday, cementing the power of a ruling party that has positioned itself as an ally of the West against Islamist militants.
- The electoral commission declared Ghazouani winner late on Saturday with 52% of the vote. His nearest rival, anti-slavery campaigner Biram Dah Abeid, came second with 18.58%, while third place candidate Mohamed Ould Boubacar, who is backed by Mauritania’s biggest Islamist party, got 17.85%.
- Note- About Mauritania
- President: Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz
- Capital: Nouakchott
- Currency: Mauritanian ouguiya
Banking and Financial
♦World Bank approves $147 Million Loan to the Government of Jharkhand for the implementation of Jharkhand Municipal Development Project
- The Government of India, the Government of Jharkhand and the World Bank, signed here today a $147 Million Loan Agreement to provide basic urban services to the people of Jharkhand and help improve the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in the State.
- The Jharkhand Municipal Development Project will focus on improving the municipal sector’s capacity to provide basic urban services. It will invest in urban services such as water supply, sewerage, drainage, and urban roads; and strengthen the capacity of the Jharkhand Urban Infrastructure Development Company (JUIDCO) as well as that of the ULBs to carry out reforms in the areas of urban finance and governance.
- Note- About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
- Founded: 1944
♦Viral Acharya quits as RBI Deputy Governor six months before end of his term
- Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has resigned from his position six months before the end of his term, according to sources in the central bank.
- Mr. Acharya, who was in charge of the monetary policy department, reportedly resigned due to “personal reasons”.
- His departure is significant as it comes just a little more than six months after the resignation of Urjit Patel from the post of RBI Governor. It is also perhaps significant that Mr. Patel resigned shortly before the Bimal Jalan committee is to submit its report on whether RBI reserves could be transferred to the Centre or not.
- Note- About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
♦United Nations Public Service Day 23 June
- The UN Public Service Day celebrates the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlights the contribution of public service in the development process; recognizes the work of public servants, and encourages young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
- Since the first Awards Ceremony in 2003, the United Nations has received an increasing number of submissions from all around the world.
- Theme 2019 -of ‘Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through effective Delivery of Services, Innovative Transformation, and Accountable Institutions’.
♦23 June World Olympic Day
- The first Olympic Games were held in Athens (Greece) from 6 April to 15 April 1896. There are 14 countries participated in these games. Olympic Day was introduced in 1948 to commemorate the birth of the modern Olympic Games on 23 June 1894 at the Sorbonne in Paris. So first Olympic Day was celebrated on 23 June 1948 by 9 National Olympic Committees (NOC).
♦23 June International Widows Day 2019
- International Widows Day is a United Nations ratified day of action to address the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”. The day takes place annually on 23 June.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|