South Indian Bank PO Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Salary:
The South Indian Bank Ltd., a premier Commercial Bank in India, invites applications from Indian Nationals for filling up vacancies for Probationary Officers (PO). Eligible candidates are requested to apply ONLINE through from the mentioned below link. You can check the detailed notification for South Indian bank PO 2019 from below given link. No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before the registration, candidates are requested to ensure that there is a valid email id in his/her name.
South Indian Bank PO: IMPORTANT DATES
Online Application – Start Date 19.06.2019
Online Application – End Date 30.06.2019
Online Test Date – 25.07.2019
South Indian Bank PO: NO. OF VACANCIES 160
The number of vacancies is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirements of the Bank.
South Indian Bank PO: PLACE OF POSTING
The candidates may be posted anywhere in India at the sole discretion of the Bank.
South Indian Bank PO: Exam Pattern
Name of Tests
|No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Version||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||Only English||
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
|English Language||40||50||Only English||
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Note- There will be ¼ penalty for wrong answers
- Tests will be made available only in English
South Indian Bank PO: Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||English Language|
|Bar D.I||Odd man out||Spotting Errors|
|Caselet D.I||Syllogism||Jumbled Words|
|Pie D.I||Blood Relation||Fill in the Blanks|
|Mixed D.I||Series Test||Idioms and Phrases|
|Averages||Ranking and Time||Comprehension|
|Partnership||Direction Sense Test||Commonly Misspelled Words|
|Ratio and Proportion||Decision Making||Phrase Substitution|
|Jumbled up sentences|
|Permutation and Combination||Statement and Conclusion||Cloze Tests|
|Simple Interest||Statement and Arguments||One word Substitution|
|Profit and Loss||Figure Series Test|
|Time and Distance||Coding-Decoding|
|Averages||Causes and Effects|
|Time and Work||Sitting Arrangements|
|Probability||Statement and Assumption|
|Assertion and Reason|
|Statements and Action Courses|
|General Awareness||Computer Applications|
|Current Affairs||Computer Fundamentals|
|Countries/Currencies||Software and Hardware Fundamentals|
|Indian and International Economy||Networking|
|Banking Terms||MS Office|
|Books and Authors||History and Future of Computers|
|Fiscal Monetary Policies||Computer Fundamentals|
|Repo and Reverse Repo Rate||Software and Hardware Fundamentals|
|Social Function of Banks||Networking|
|Awards and Honors|
|History of Banking|
South Indian Bank PO: ELIGIBILITY
• Candidates who are meeting the requisite educational qualification only will be eligible to apply.
• Candidate should have passed X, XII and Graduation under regular course (full time course) from a recognized University/ Institute recognized by the Govt. of India. Educational qualification by mode of distance education will not be considered.
• Candidates who have attended their Final Year/ Semester Examination of their Graduation and waiting for the results may also apply subject to the condition that they should produce proof (final year/ semester mark list/ Provisional Certificate) of having passed the Graduation when called for Personal Interview.
• If Grade/ CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing CGPA/ Grade equivalent to 60% or more may apply. Equivalent percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
• Those who have scored less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the nearest integer is not allowed. (for e.g. 59.99 % cannot be rounded off to 60 % )
• The percentage of marks shall be arrived by dividing the total marks obtained in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by the total maximum marks in all subjects irrespective honours/ optional/ additional optional subject, if any.
South Indian Bank PO: PROBATION PERIOD
The period of probation is 2 years. Confirmation will be subject to satisfactory performance during the period of probation.
South Indian Bank PO: SALARY
Moreover, there are some additional allowances like DA, HRA, CCA, Special Allowances including medical allowances are provided to a PO working at South Indian Bank.
For the very basic, you can get the following:
After joining as a Probationary Officer, you will get a
As per National Level Bipartite Settlement in the Banking industry. Eligible for Bank’s performance linked incentive applicable to po as per the scheme in vogue.
IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 – 42020 plus DA, HRA &
other allowances. Eligible for performance linked incentive applicable to Scale I officers as per the scheme in vogue.
Apart from the above basic pay, candidates will be paid DA, HRA and other allowances as per the rules of the Bank in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting.
South Indian Bank PO: JOB PROFILE
The selected candidates can be posted in any roles/ profiles at any branches/ offices/ departments as per the sole discretion and requirements of the Bank from time to time.
The job role/ profile include branch banking, credit, business development, marketing, forex, treasury, central processing centres etc.
South Indian Bank PO: MODE OF SELECTION
Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
• Initial shortlisting will be done based on the marks scored in the Online Test
• Final Selection will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for Online Test, Group
Discussion and Personal Interview.
• Bank reserves the right to make required modifications in the selection process considering the number of applications for the post.
South Indian Bank PO 2019
You may also like to read:
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here