Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 3 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Chief of Defence Staff to come under RTI Act
- A high-level committee headed by NSA Ajit Doval to finalise responsibilities and enabling framework for the proposed chief of defence staff (CDS) has submitted its report to the government.
- Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik said in the Rajya Sabha that the CDS would come under the the ambit of the Right to Information Act.
- CDS will be a four-star general and will be the first among equals among the service chiefs. However, in the list of protocol, the CDS will be higher up than the service chiefs.
♦CM Jagan Mohan Reddy to launch YSR Arogya Asara scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is in the process of launched Arogya Asara scheme to provide relief to poor patients as part of the health scheme.
- Benefit: Patients are offered a maximum of Rs.225 per day or a maximum of Rs5,000 per month for the prescribed relaxation time. This is the first in India to offer this type of service to patients. The scheme was introduced by the CM with the intention that the family should not suffer financially if the family gets sick. 4.5 lakh people benefit from this.
♦India and Sweden sign Memorandum for India-Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre
- The MoU between India and Sweden is one of the most active and successful bilateral MoUs signed by India in the health sector.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare as he presided over the signing of the Memorandum of Intent for the India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre at the event to celebrate ten years of successful implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Sweden.
Note: About Sweden
- Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish krona
♦20th Edition of Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland
- Hornbill Festival began with a colourful blend of culture and tradition with a modern twist at Naga Heritage Kisama in Nagaland.
- The festival organised by Nagaland Government is an annual tourism promotional event to showcase the state’s traditional and rich cultural heritage in all its ethnicity, diversity and grandeur.
Note: About Nagaland
- Capital: Kohima
- Governor: RN Ravi
- Chief minister: Neiphiu Rio
International (Current Affairs)
♦Over 3 lakh evacuated as Typhoon Kammuri hits Philippines
- Typhoon Kammuri lashed the Philippines with fierce winds and heavy rain, as hundreds of thousands took refuge in shelters and the capital Manila prepared to shut down its international airport over safety concerns.
Note: About Philippines
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Philippine peso
Banking and Financial
♦Crisil slashes India’s FY20 growth to 5.1%
- Rating agency Crisil on 2nd December sharply cut its growth forecast for the current financial year to 5.1 per cent from an earlier estimate of 6.3 per cent.
- Growth in the second half of 2019-20 will go up to 5.5 per cent, up from the 4.75 per cent in the first half.
- In October’s policy review, the RBI revised downwards its estimate for GDP growth for the current fiscal to 6.1 per cent from 6.9 per cent estimated earlier.
Note: Other Organization GDP Forecasting FY20
- World Bank-6%
- India Ratings & Research-5.6%
♦HDFC Bank, Walmart India to launch co-branded credit card
- Walmart India, in partnership with HDFC Bank, on 2nd December launched a co-branded credit card exclusively for members of its Best Price Modern Wholesale “B2B Cash & Carry” stores, offering “free credit up to 50 days.
- The card was launched here at Best Price Store by Krish Iyer, president and CEO, Walmart India and Parag Rao, Country Head, Payments Business and Marketing, HDFC Bank.
♦IFC to invest USD 200 million in Mahindra Finance
- World Bank Group arm IFC on 2nd December it has anchored an investment round of USD 200 million (about Rs 1,433 crore) in Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services to create a dedicated pool of financing for MSMEs in low-income states.
- At least USD 100 million will be earmarked for women-owned micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), according to a release.
- “IFC (International Finance Corporation) has invested USD 75 million from its own account and is mobilising another USD 125 million as parallel loans.
- The USD 100 million dedicated to women will be supported by blended finance from the IFC-Goldman Sachs’ Women Entrepreneurs Opportunity Facility.
♦INDIA and ADB sign $206 million loan to strengthen urban services in 5 Tamil Nadu cities
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India on 2nd December 2019 signed a $206 million loan to develop water supply and sewerage infrastructure in 5 cities of Tamil Nadu and strengthen capacities of urban local bodies (ULBs) for improved service delivery.
- Aims: Improving the lives of the urban people in the identified cities of Tamil Nadu by providing universal access to water supply and sanitation, and improving sewage treatment and drainage systems.
- This is the second project loan for the ADB-supported $500 million multi-tranche financing for Tamil Nadu Urban Flagship Investment Programme, approved in September 2018.
♦Tony Joseph wins the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2019
- Author Tony Joseph on 2nd December was declared the winner of the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2019 for his book Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From.
- “Early Indians tells the story of the people of South Asia through research in six disciplines, including path-breaking new DNA evidence.
♦New Zealand win MCC’s Spirit of Cricket award
- The New Zealand team, led by Kane Williamson, has won the Christopher Martin-Jenkins Spirit of Cricket award for 2019 for their “grace and humility” after being denied the trophy in the 2019 Men’s Cricket World Cup.
♦Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or for sixth time
- Lionel Messi won a record-breaking sixth Ballon d’Or on 2nd December after another sublime year for the Argentinian, whose familiar brilliance remained undimmed even through difficult times for club and country. He now stands alone in the history of the game’s most prestigious individual prize.
♦Shri Hari Mohan takes over as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board
- Shri Hari Mohan has taken over the charge as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) on December 01, 2019 from Shri Saurabh Kumar who superannuated from the services.
- Shri Hari Mohan has contributed significantly in various positions in Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) Hardwar, Vehicle Factory Jabalpur, Engine Factory Avadi, Heavy Vehicle Factory Avadi, Ammunition Factory Khadki, Ordnance Factory Bolangir, Ordnance Factory Chanda, Ordnance Factory Dehu Road, OFB New Delhi Office and Ministry of Steel & Mines.
♦India-China army joint training exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand 2019’ to be held in Meghalaya from Dec 7-20
- The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ with the theme counter-terrorism under United Nations mandate will be held in Meghalaya’s Umroi from Dec 7-20.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter-terrorist operation in semi-urban terrain.
♦3rd December: World Disability Day 2019
- The International Day of People with Disability is held on December 3 every year. It is a UN recognized day, which is observed all throughout the world.
- World Disability Day aims at increasing public awareness, understanding and accepting people with disability and celebrating their achievements and contributions.
- Theme 2019: ‘Promoting the participation of persons with disabilities and their leadership: taking action on the 2030 Development Agenda’.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here