Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 5 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi inaugurates 5th India International Science Festival
- Prime Minister Narandra Modi on 5th November inaugurated the 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 through video conferencing in Kolkata.
- The four-day science festival, being organized from November 5-8.
- Aims: build a strategy for inclusive advancement of Science and Technology.
International (Current Affairs)
♦50th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2020 in Switzerland
- The 50th World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting will be held on 21-24 January 2020, in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland.
- Aims: Engage world leaders in collaborative activities to shape the global, regional, and industry agendas at the beginning of each year. The development of the meetings’ programme is driven by WEF’s mission –- improving the state of the world.
Banking and Financial
♦ADB to give $451 mn for Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor power links
- The Asian Development Bank on 4th November said it will provide a $451 million (about Rs 3,200 crore) loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
- The total cost of the project is $653.5 million, of which the government will provide $202.5 million, the Manila-headquartered multilateral agency.
- The estimated completion date is the end of 2024.
♦Finance Minister Launches Two New IT Initiatives For Improved Monitoring
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled two new IT initiatives – ICEDASH and ATITHI – for improved monitoring and pace of Customs clearance of imported goods and facilitating arriving international passengers by electronic filing of Customs baggage and currency declarations.
- ICEDASH and ATITHI would be key drivers for further improvement especially as they reduce interface and increase transparency of Customs functioning.
♦Aditya Mishra Appointed Chairman of Land Ports Authority of India
- Senior IPS officer Aditya Mishra was on 4th November appointed as the chairman of the Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI), according to an order issued by the personnel ministry.
- Mishra is a 1989 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
- Mishra has been appointed for a period of five years from the date of assumption of the charge
- About LPAI: LPAI develops, sanitises and manage the facilities for cross-border movement of passengers and goods at designated points along the international borders of India.
♦Serbia’s Sara Damnjanovic wins Miss Asia Global title held in Kochi
- The fifth edition of Miss Asia Global organised at Gokulam Convention Centre awarded the Miss Asia Global title to Sara Damnjanovic from Serbia. The title is given to the winner from Asian region.
- The chief guest of the event was Y B Yeoh Soon Hin, the Tourism Minister of Penang, Malaysia.
♦Lewis Hamilton wins sixth F1 World Championship at United States Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton sealed his sixth world drivers’ title with second place in the United States Grand Prix.
- He becomes the second most successful Formula 1 driver of all time, one championship behind Michael Schumacher.
- Hamilton failed in a valiant attempt to win the race by trying a different strategy to Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas, but that did not matter such was his points advantage.
♦Asian Shooting Championships: Deepak Kumar wins Bronze; bags 10th Olympic quota for India
- Deepak Kumar secured India’s 10th Tokyo Olympic quota in shooting after winning the men’s 10m air rifle bronze medal at the 14th Asian Championships.
- Deepak shot 145 in the final of the event. Deepak, who won a bronze medal at the 2018 ISSF World Cup last year, qualified for the eight-man final in third place with a score of 626.8.
♦5th November: World Tsunami Awareness Day 2019
- After the 2004 deadliest Tsunami in the Indian Ocean; The United Nations General Assembly designated 5 November as World Tsunami Awareness Day from December 2015. The basic motive of this day is to increase the awareness about the Tsunami among over 700 million people live in low-lying coastal areas and Small Islands.
- Theme 2019:”Sendai Seven Campaign”
♦Industrialist and son of Modinagar’s founder, K K Modi passes away
- The scion of one of the oldest business families in the country – the Modi family – and the eldest son of late Rai Bahadur Gujarmal Modi (founder of the city of Modinagar), Krishan Kumar Modi passed away.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|