Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 9 & 10 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦54th DGsP/IGsP Conference held in Pune
- The Prime Minister participated in the 54th DGsP/IGsP Conference in Pune on December 7-8, 2019. Apart from leading the discussions and giving valuable suggestions over the past two days, he addressed the valedictory session of the Conference this evening.
- The Prime Minister also awarded the President’s police medals for distinguished service to officers of the Intelligence Bureau.
♦Karnataka conducted a Human Library event in Mysuru
- Karnataka conducted a Human Library event in Mysuru on 8 December 2019. Human Library is spread across various metropolitan cities including Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru in India.
- Aims: The aim of the Human Library event is to break long-standing prejudices and stereotypes of the past and create a safe framework for conservation by using a library analogy of lending people rather than books.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Finland’s Sanna Marin to be world’s youngest-serving prime minister
- Finland’s Social Democrats elected a 34-year-old former transport minister to the post of prime minister on 8th December, making her the youngest head of government in the country’s history.
- Sanna Marin narrowly won Sunday’s vote to replace outgoing leader Antti Rinne, who resigned on 9th December after losing the confidence of the coalition partner Centre Party over his handling of a postal strike.
Note: About Finland
Prime minister: Sanna Marin
♦Abu Dhabi selected as world’s leading sports tourism destination
- Abu Dhabi has been selected as the world’s leading Sports tourism Destination at the 26th edition of the World Travel Awards (WTA) being held in
- This is the seventh time in a row that Abu Dhabi has been selected for this coveted award.
- The award is the latest in several prestigious accolades gained by Abu Dhabi this year, including being selected as the West Asia’s Leading Business Tourism Destination at the West Asia edition of WTA and Best City Break at the UK’s Selling Travel Agents’ Choice Awards.
Banking and Financial
♦NTPC signs term loan of Rs 5,000 cr with SBI
- Power generation company NTPC signed a term loan agreement for Rs 5,000 crore with State Bank of India.
- The loan facility has been extended at an interest rate linked to 3-month MCLR (marginal cost of funds-based lending rate) of the bank and has a door-to-door tenure of 15 years.
♦Exim Bank provides USD 500 mn credit to Bangladesh for defence procurement
- India has provided USD 500 million (Rs 3,561 crore) line of credit to Bangladesh for defence-related procurement in the neighbouring country.
- Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) entered into an agreement on April 11 with Bangladesh’s Armed Forces Division for making available to the latter a Government of India-supported line of credit (LoC) of USD 500 million.
- “Out of the total credit by Exim Bank under the agreement, goods and services including consultancy services of the value of at least 75 per cent of the contract price shall be supplied by the seller from India.
- The remaining 25 per cent of goods and services may be procured by the seller for the purpose of the eligible contract from outside India, including Bangladesh.
Note: About Bangladesh
Currency: Bangladeshi taka
Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
♦MOU signed Between NSIC & ARAMCO Asia for development in Oil & Gas Sectors
- An MoU has been signed recently between NSIC and Aramco Asia for the development of MSME Ecosystem in India in Oil & Gas Sector. This MoU will pave a way for accredited Indian MSMEs to carve out a space as vendors in the Global space.
- NSIC is the flagship Mini Ratna PSU under Ministry of MSME in the business of facilitating MSMEs in India and Aramco is world’s largest Oil & Gas Company from Govt. of Saudi Arabia having reported revenue of USD 355 Billion Dollar (2018) and estimated market value of 1.5 Trillion Dollars.
♦India ranks 129 in UNDP Human Development Index report
- India climbed one spot to take the 129th rank among 189 countries on the 2019 report on Human Development Index (HDI) released by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on 9th December. India was at the 130th place on this index in last year’s report.
|189||Niger (last rank)|
♦India among top 10 countries with higher climate performance: CCPI
- India, for the first time, ranks among the top 10 in this year’s Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) presented on 10th December at the COP25 climate summit in Madrid.
- The current levels of per capita emissions and energy use in India, ranked 9th in the “high category”, are still comparatively low and, along with ambitious 2030 targets, result in high ratings for the green house gas (GHG) emissions and energy use categories, the report released in the Spanish capital.
- While some EU countries such as Sweden (4th) and Denmark (5th), one of the best climbers, achieve overall high or very high ratings, the performance of EU countries varies largely.
- China, the largest global emitter slightly improves its ranking in the index to 30th place (“medium”).
♦Miss Universe 2019 winner is Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi
- South Africa’s Zozibini Tunzi is the Miss Universe 2019. Zozibini and Miss Universe Puerto Rico Madison Anderson were the top two contestants for the Miss Universe title. Miss Universe Mexico is the second-runner up. Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray crowned Zozibini Tunzi at the event held in Atlanta on 8th December night.
- India’s Vartika Singh couldn’t make it to top ten.
♦Poet Viswanath Prasad Tiwari To Get Gangadhar National Award
- Eminent Hindi poet Viswanath Prasad Tiwari would be honoured with the prestigious ‘Gangadhar National Award’ during the 53rd Foundation Day celebrations of the Sambalpur University. The award, carrying a cash prize of Rs 50,000, a shawl and citation.
- Viswanath Prasad Tiwari, a former president of Sahitya Academy, has authored several anthologies. Notable among his creations are ‘Rachana ki sarokar’, ‘Kavita kya hai’, ‘Saath chalte hue’ and Bistar duniya le liye’.
♦Arnab Goswami elected president of News Broadcasters Federation’s governing board
- The News Broadcasters Federation has elected journalist Arnab Goswami as the president of its governing board. The broadcaster’s body comprises of 78 news channels in 14 languages from 25 states.
- The members unanimously elected Goswami, who is the managing director and editor-in-chief of Republic TV, to be president of the governing board.
♦WADA bans Russia from international sporting events for 4 years
- Russia was banned from the Olympics and world championships in a range of sports for four years on 9th December after the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) ruled to punish it for manipulating laboratory data, a WADA spokesman said.
- Russia, which has tried to showcase itself as a global sports power, has been embroiled in doping scandals since a 2015 report commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) found evidence of mass doping in Russian athletics.
Note: About WADA
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada
- Purpose: Anti-doping in sport
- Founder: Dick Pound
- Founded: 10 November 1999
♦9th December: International Anti-Corruption Day
- December 9, is observed as the International Anti-Corruption day since the year 2005.
- The United Nations General Assembly on October 31, 2003, adopted the United Nations Convention against Corruption, and designated December 9 International Anti-Corruption Day, in order to raise awareness about corruption and of the role of Convention in fighting and preventing it. This convention came into force in the year 2005, and since then the day is being observed annually.
- Theme 2019: ‘united against corruption.’
♦10th December: Human Rights Day
- This day is celebrated every year on December 10 to recognize and empower human rights. it mainly includes economic, social, cultural rights and international commitments on civil and political rights.
- Human rights law came into existence on September 28, 1993, in India.
- Theme 2019: Youth Standing Up for Human Rights’.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|