Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 9 & 10 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’ hits Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Bulbul claimed at least ten lives and affected 2.73 lakh families as it hit the coastal districts of West Bengal on 10th
- Families as it hit the coastal districts of West Bengal on 10th Nevember, official reports said. It then smashed into the low-lying areas of neighbouring Bangladesh, killing at least 8 people and injuring 15, news agency PTI reported. The severe cyclonic storm brought in heavy rain coupled with strong winds, uprooting trees and snapped cables in Kolkata and its adjoining areas, bring normal life to a near-halt.
♦India Justice Report 2019: Maharashtra holds top, UP ranks bottom
- Maharashtra has topped India’s first-ever judicial ranking of states list among 18 large and mid-sized states. The ranking announced on November 7, was given by the India Justice Report (IJR) 2019 and is based on the capacity of various states to deliver justice to their citizens.
- While Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Haryana followed Maharashtra in the list, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh are at the bottom. Goa topped the list of seven Small States, followed by Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mauritius PM Pravind Kumar Jugnauth re-elected
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated his Mauritius counterpart Pravind Kumar Jugnauth on 9th November after the latter was re-elected for a five-year term in office in the recently concluded elections in the island nation. Mauritius shares strong historical and political ties with India with around 68 per cent of its population being of Indian descent.
Note: About Mauritius
- Prime minister: Pravind Jugnauth
- Capital: Port Louis
- Currency: Mauritian rupee
Banking and Financial
♦RBI Raises Limit For Borrowing From Microfinance Institutions
- The Reserve Bank of India increased the household income limits for borrowers of non-banking finance companies-microfinance institutions from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.25 lakh for the rural areas
- Similarly, the limit has been increased from Rs 1.6 lakh for urban or semi-urban areas to Rs 2 lakh.
- Aim: Strengthen credit to those in the bottom of the economic pyramid.
♦No NEFT charges for savings account holders from January 2020: RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed banks not to charge savings account holders for NEFT with effect from January 2020.
- The National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) is an electronic funds transfer system maintained by the RBI, to transfer funds from one bank account to another. Money transfer can be made by an individual or company to an individual or company’s bank account with any bank that is a member of the NEFT scheme, according to the RBI .
- RTGS charge: RTGS transactions between Rs 2-5 lakh, a maximum fee of Rs 30 is charged, while for transactions above Rs 5 lakh, a maximum of Rs 55 is charged.
- NEFT Charge: NEFT transactions originating at bank branches, a maximum of Rs 2.50 (+GST) is charged for transactions up to Rs 10,000. For transactions above Rs 10,000 up to Rs 1 lakh, a maximum of Rs 5 (+GST), and Rs 15 (+GST) for transactions above Rs 1 lakh and up to Rs 2 lakh is charged. For transactions above Rs 2 lakh, a maximum of Rs 25(+GST) is charged.
♦Exim Bank gives $30 million line of credit to Ghana
- The Export-Import (Exim) Bank has provided a $30 million line of credit to Ghana for potable water project in the country.
- Exim Bank has entered into an agreement with Ghana for a line of credit (LoC) of $30 million (about Rs 210 crore) for financing rehabilitation and up-gradation of potable water system in Yendi, Ghana, the Reserve Bank of India.
Note: About Ghana
- Capital: Accra
- Currency: Ghanaian cedi
♦Moody’s cuts India’s credit outlook to negative from stable
- Global ratings agency Moody’s cut its outlook for India’s credit ratings to “negative” from “stable”, citing the ongoing economic slowdown, financial stress among rural households, weak job creation, and the liquidity crunch in non-banking financial companies.
- “Moody’s decision to change the outlook to negative reflects increasing risks that economic growth will remain materially lower than in the past, partly reflecting lower government and policy effectiveness at addressing long-standing economic and institutional weaknesses than Moody’s had previously estimated, leading to a gradual rise in the debt burden from already high levels.
♦Google India appoints Sanjay Gupta as new Country Manager
- Google India has appointed Sanjay Gupta, former Star and Disney head as its new country manager. Gupta will also serve as Vice President of Sales and Operations for India. Gupta will be taking over his role at Google early next year.
- Gupta will be replacing Rajan Anandan, the VP for Google South East Asia and India.
♦India to host men’s Hockey World Cup in 2023
- The Executive Board of the International Hockey Federation on 8th November announced that India would be hosting the Men’s Hockey World Cup in 2023. Spain and Netherlands have been confirmed as the co-hosts for the 2022 FIH Hockey Women’s World Cup.
- The Men’s Hockey World Cup would be played from January 13-29, 2023 while the Women’s World Cup would be played from July 1-17, 2022. The venues for the tournaments will be announced by the host nations.
Book and Author
♦CJI Ranjan Gogoi to inaugurate Assamese version of book ‘Courts of India’ in Guwahati
- Several judges of Supreme court, Chief Minister of Assam and Principal Director General of All India Radio news and Publication Division would also attend the book release program.
- The book has been published by the Publication division. AIR Correspondent reports that the book has captured the historical developments which took place in the history of nation’s courts.
- The various chapters of the book narrates the historical events of the court.
♦9th November: Legal Services Day
- Legal Services Day is celebrated every year on 9th of November in all the states Authorities. At this day variety of legal literacy camps and functions are organized at many places in the capital city of the country. People from government as well as non government organizations take part in the functions and camps related to the Legal Services Day.
♦Dhrupad maestro and Padma Shri awardee Ramakant Gundecha passes away
- Dhrupad maestro Ramakant Gundecha, the younger of the Gundecha brothers duo, passed away due to a heart attack on the evening of 8 November, 2019.
- The Padma Shri awardee’s older brother, Umakant Gundhecha was travelling with him. The trio had performed at the Vishwa Rang – Tagore International Literature and Arts Festival in Bhopal a day earlier and had also attended a session at the event on the morning of 8 November.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|