IBPS PO English Language Quiz
Aspirants have a strong possibility of scoring well in the English Language section if they practice quality questions on a regular basis. This section takes the least amount of time if the practice is done every day in a dedicated manner. In this article, we have come up with the IBPS PO English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation for each question in this IBPS PO English Language Quiz. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz includes a variety of questions ranging in difficulty from easy to tough. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz is totally FREE. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz has important English Language Questions and Answers that will help you improve your exam score. Aspirants must practice this IBPS PO English Language Quiz in order to be able to answer questions quickly and efficiently in upcoming exams.
Directions (1-5): Which of the following phrases/expressions given below each sentence should replace the phrase highlighted in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? Choose the best option among the five given alternatives that reflect the correct use of the phrase in the context of both grammatically and logically correct sentence.
- Bahrain announced Wednesday onits newly discovered shale oil reserve was estimated to contain more than 80 billion barrels, making the once-marginal oil producer potentially a major player in the market.
(a) said Wednesday
(b) announced Wednesday
(c) on Wednesday announced
(d) announced in Wednesday
(e) All of the above
- Private sector banks have also revealed divergence in reporting bad loans in the last fiscal, which shot up after the RBI’s annual inspection, pointing to the need for raising governance standards these entities as well.
(a) in these entities as well
(b) of those banks too
(c) to these banks also
(d) also of these entities
(e) no correction required
- Tech giant Microsoft said on Wednesday it would invest$5 billion over the next four years on Internet of Things (IoT) globally.
(a) it is going investing
(b) it aim to invest
(c) it invests
(d) its investment of
(e) No correction required
- Boeing had earlier state that it is likely to commence delivery of its 737 MAX aircraft to its Indian customers, Jet Airways and SpiceJet, in the third quarter of past fiscal.
(a) conveyed that it is
(b) said that it was
(c) spoke that it is
(d) said that it is
(e) no correction required
- The Chennai branch will assist the bank’s growing customer base in India with services, including corporate banking, retail banking, treasury, trade finance and foreign exchange services with corporate and SME products, according to a statement.
(a) services among with
(b) services to
(c) services towards
(d) services along with
(e) no correction required
Directions (6-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five options are given. Four of the five words fit into the blank coherently. Find out the word which does not fit into the blank appropriately.
What do we mean when we say, ‘being healthy’? It means to be physically strong, mentally calm and steady, and emotionally soft inside. You are not healthy when you feel ____(6)____ inside. When the mind is stiff or is in judgement mode, it is not in good health. When emotions are rough, you are not emotionally healthy. Health flows from the innermost to the outer, and from outer to the inner.
How do you attain good health? First, by attending to the ether element, that is the mind element. If your mind is ___(7)____ with too many impressions and thoughts, it is draining you of your immunity and preparing your body for illness. If the mind is clear, calm, meditative and pleasant, the body’s resistance will increase and it will stay healthy. The first ____(8)____ is calming the mind — coming from the subtlest aspect of creation, the ether.
Then comes the air element. Breathing and aromatherapy can be used to create a change at this level. And then, light or colour therapy. By energising our system with Prana, life energy, and breath, you can ___(9)____ illness before it starts. That is what yoga does. In the Yoga Sutras, Patanjali says that the purpose of yoga is stopping sorrow before it arises, to burn the seed before it ____(10)____.
- (a) broken
- (a) choked
Assisted means help, aid or abet.
- (a) remedy
- (a) prevent
- (a) shrivels
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|