IBPS Clerk English Language Quiz
English Language is a part of almost all major competitive exams in the country and is perhaps the most scoring section also. Aspirants who regularly practice questions have a good chance of scoring well in the English Language Section. So here we are providing you with the IBPS Clerk English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. This IBPS Clerk English Language Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern-based questions, as well as Previous Year Questions. This IBPS Clerk English Language Quiz is available to you at no cost. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this IBPS Clerk English Language Quiz. Candidates must practice this IBPS Clerk English Language Quiz to achieve a good score in the English Language Section.
Directions (1-5): In each of the question given below a/an idiom/phrase is given in bold which is then followed by five options which then tries to decipher its meaning as used in the sentence. Choose the option which gives the meaning of the phrase most appropriately in the context of the given sentence.
- The dating applicant spelled outexactly what she wanted in a man.
- Young people used to look downon the rules of society.
- He’s too fat, he’d better cut bread and sugar outof his diet and do more exercise.
- I thought I’d hang aroundfor a while and see if she comes.
- The customer service representative couldn’t help me, so he put me throughto a manager.
Directions (6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
- To curbing the spread of violence, (a)/ authorities brought under curfew (b)/ more areas in the state, where (c)/ youths were killed. (d)/ No error. (e)
- Demands for diesel cars, which has (a)/ been on the rise for the last few years (b)/ may dip as the government is increasing the price (c)/ of the fuel, bringing it closer to that of petrol. (d)/ No error (e)
- The Indian stock market has been one of the well (a)/ performing (b)/ markets globally (c)/ during the current year. (d)/ No error (e)
- Had the scheme been allowed (a)/ to continue (b)/ it would have generated (c)/ attracted returns. (d)/ No error (e)
- People should constantly (a)/ upgrade their skills (b)/ in order to be effective (c)/ and efficient. (d)/ No error (e)
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|