IBPS PO English Language Quiz
English Language is a part of almost all major competitive exams in the country and is perhaps the most scoring section also. Aspirants who regularly practice questions have a good chance of scoring well in the English Language Section. So here we are providing you with the IBPS PO English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern-based questions, as well as Previous Year Questions. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz is available to you at no cost. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this IBPS PO English Language Quiz. Candidates must practice this IBPS PO English Language Quiz to achieve a good score in the English Language Section.
Directions (1-5): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
- In early March, Pakistani Minister _________ the National Assembly that Islamabad will take its objections on four Indian hydel power projects to the Permanent Indus Commission, reportedly ________ to meet in April.
(a) advised, coming
(b) cautioned, stipulated
(c) educated, anticipated
(d) apprised, seemly
(e) informed, scheduled
- Instead of healthy discussion about issues of national __________ we have lies, scandals, mockery, nepotism, and candidates ___________ denying their criminal past.
(a) concern, candidly
(b) importance, blatantly
(c) effect, simply
(d) attention, honestly
(e) value, publicly
- Over the last eight years, as treasurer, secretary and then president of BCCI and simultaneously as owner of the IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings, Srinivasan _______________ support for himself by finessing the ____________of largesse and patronage into an art form.
(a) harnessed, modus operandi
(b) mobilised, proceeding
(c) exploited, procedure
(d) tackled, modus vivendi.
(e) tamed, system.
- Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore have come ______ with a little pen-shaped device (injection) that can ________ the ‘ouch’ out of jabs.
(a) out, cause
(b) in, throw
(c) up, take
(d) on, send
(e) for, cut.
- A trust is an obligation __________ to the ownership of a property, arising out of confidence _______ in and accepted by the person for the benefit of another or of another owner.
(a) connected, placed
(b) appended, shown
(c) associated, expressed
(d) annexed, reposed
(e) made, laid down
Directions (6-10): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
A frothy stock market is no justification for complacence of the economy. Growth (6)_________ back to 5.7% in the June quarter, the fastest expansion in nearly two years, but the robust growth, especially in manufacturing, was largely due to the base effect. Its sustainability cannot be (7)_______ in the absence of structural reforms. Data on economic indicators, released by other agencies, also suggest that it would be premature to see the first-quarter numbers as showing sustained recovery.
Growth in services, that contribute to over 55% of the GDP, has slowed down. The seasonally-adjusted HSBC India Services Business Activity Index (8)_________ a reading of 55.6 in August, down from 52.2 in July. A reading of 50 separates growth from contraction. Bank credit growth is at a four-and-a-half-year low. The RBI data shows that bank credit grew by 10.9% on a year-on-year (9)_________ for the fortnight ended August 22, while deposits grew 13.6% year-on-year for the same period. Bad loans could (10)________ if banks are forced to lend. Investment revival is what is needed to push up lending.
- (a) bumped
- (a) guaranteed
- (a) assigned
- (a) form
10. (a) surge
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|