Table of Contents
SBI Clerk Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 : When you start the preparation for SBI Clerk 2022, firstly you must know about the SBI Clerk 2022 exam pattern and syllabus.
We are providing here all the details about the SBI Clerk 2022 exam pattern and syllabus. In this article, we will deal with the SBI Clerk 2022 exam pattern and syllabus step by step. We will make sure that you have not left with any doubts regarding SBI Clerk 2022 exam pattern and syllabus.
State Bank of India (SBI) is a multinational public sector bank and also the largest financial company in our country. State Bank of India (SBI) gives numerous opportunities for young graduates as well as experienced professionals for an accelerated career in No.1 Bank of India.
State banks of India (SBI) will be conducting SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 for recruiting 5000+ candidates interested for Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales). State Bank of India has released SBI Clerk 2022 Notification for Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales).
SBI Clerk 2022 Exam Pattern
The selection process will consist of on-line test (preliminary & main examination) and test of specified opted local language.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination (online) consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
|Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
- Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall) are prescribed. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies. subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
Phase – II: Main Examination:
The structure of main examination (online objective type) would be as
|Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
2 Hours 40 Minutes
- Note: The SBI Clerk Cutoff 2022 is calculated overall and not section-wise
- Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above. The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon). Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank. No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject are prescribed. Merit list will be drawn State wise, category wise. Candidates qualified in the test (main examination) will be placed according to their aggregate marks in descending order in respective States and Categories.
NOTE: Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in the ‘Acquaint Yourself’ booklet, which will be made available to the eligible candidates along with the call letter for the test.
- Test of specified opted local language: Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
- Provisional Selection (Subject to qualifying specified opted local language). The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the aggregate marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be considered for preparation of the final merit list. Provisional selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination).
Final selection: will be subject to:-
i) Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application.
ii) Qualifying in test of specified opted local language, where applicable, as detailed above. Results of the candidates who have provisionally qualified for selection will be made available on the Bank’s website.
A wait list of up to 50% of vacancies (State-category wise) will be maintained. Candidates will be released from this waitlist on quarterly basis against non-joining and resignation out of the current batch only, subject to the candidates securing minimum qualifying marks as may be stipulated by the Bank for selection. This wait list will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of final result.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022
The SBI Clerk 2021 syllabus is no different from any other Bank Exam. The major three sections that demand a candidate’s complete command are:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
These three broad subjects are further sub divided into multiple subheadings. A candidate must look into the previous years’ papers to know the weightage of the sub-topics in each section. The SBI Clerk 2022 Exam is to be conducted in 2 phase:
- Preliminary Exam and
- Mains Exam
The section of English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning is same in both Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam. The only difference is that the Mains Exam of SBI Clerk Exam has an additional section of Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
The detailed syllabus of all these sections is discussed below:
SBI Clerk 2022 Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle and Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension|
|Coding-Decoding||Data Interpretation||Spotting Errors|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Senses||Miscellaneous (Profit & Loss, Average, SI & CI, Percentage, Boat & Stream, Speed & Time, Time & Work, Mixture etc)||Fill in the Blanks|
|Order and Ranking|
SBI Clerk 2022 Mains Exam Syllabus
|Data Sufficiency||Puzzles & Seating Arrangement||Cloze Test||Basics of Computer: Hardware, Software, Generation of Computers|
|Data Interpretation (Caselet & Arithmetic)||Coding-Decoding||Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms||DBMS|
|Quadratic Equation||Direction Sense||Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles||Internet & Networking|
|Number Series||Machine Input/Output||Sentence Correction/ Error Finding||MS Office|
|Profit & Loss||Syllogism||Spell Checks||Input-Output Devices|
|Percentage||Blood Relation||Fillers||Important Abbreviations|
|SI & CI||Logical Reasoning|
|Mixture & Ratio & Proportion||Data Sufficiency|
|permutation and combination||Inequalities|
|Time & Speed|
|Time & Work & Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere|
- Before the Mains exam, give more time to cover the last 6 months’ current affairs portion as it will give you a lead in the exam.
- Static GK is the important part ( 7-8 question comes) of SBI Clerk.
- Banking Awarnes is no longer the important part (hardly 2-3 question comes) of SBI Clerk.
*Note: that the Language Proficiency Test or LPT takes place after your result is announced.
- Prelims & Mains: The first will be the Preliminary Examination & the second phase will be the Mains Exam. Qualified candidates of the Prelims Exams will be eligible for the Mains Exam.
- Final Selection: Marks obtained in the Mains Exam will only be considered in the final selection.
- LPT or Language Proficiency Test: After your final selection, you will be allotted a bank. That bank will conduct your LPT or Language Proficiency Test by a process decided by the bank itself.
- No interview round will be there in the SBI Clerk recruitment.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022 FAQs
Q. How can I view the SBI Clerk Syllabus?
Ans. You can check out the SBI Clerk Syllabus from this post.
Q. What is the syllabus for SBI Clerk Mains Examination?
Ans. There are four subjects in SBI Clerk Mains Exam: Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General / Financial Awareness.
Q. Does SBI Clerk syllabus changes every year?
Ans. No, SBI Clerk syllabus doesn’t change every year.
Q. Who decides SBI Clerk syllabus?
Ans. State Bank of India decides the syllabus for SBI Clerk Exam.
Q. Is the syllabus of SBI Clerk same as other banking exams?
Ans. Yes, nearly all the banking exams have the same syllabus as the SBI clerk.
Q. How many marks will be there for General and financial awareness in SBI Clerk Mains Exam?
Ans. There will be a total of 50 marks for general and financial awareness in SBI Clerk Mains Exam.
Q. Is there any Descriptive Test for SBI Clerk?
Ans. No, there is no description test for SBI clerk.
Telegram Group: Join