Tips & Tricks: How to score maximum marks in Reading Comprehension?
English language is an important section for many competitive exams. It carries an equal weightage as other sections in prelims and mains exam as well. Most of the aspirants find it difficult to prepare for the section because they don’t have any idea about the syllabus and the areas from where questions are asked.
Reading comprehension is a topic which covers a major weightage and is easy to attempt. Approximately 10-12 marks of questions are asked in the prelims exam and 15-20 marks of questions are asked in the mains exam in banking from Reading comprehensions topic.
By this, you can take an idea of how important this topic is, and must be included in preparation for cracking the English section in both the prelims and mains of banking exam.
In this article, we will tell you how to score maximum marks in reading comprehension.
How and what to prepare for RC?
- Read newspapers on a daily basis: mark out at least 7-10 new words and learn their meaning. Try to write a summary of what you have read.
- Read books/novels: Reading books that are written in the English language is going to help you crack not just reading comprehension but the entire English section
- Improve your vocabulary: Know the meaning of every word you come across, this will help you directly as some questions in RC are asked from antonyms, synonyms etc.
- Attempt as many mock tests as you can: Mock test tells you the level of your preparation and gives you a brief of how the questions will be asked in the exam. Mock tests help you find out your weak areas so that you can work upon. Giving mock tests will also help in improving your reading speed with accuracy.
- Learn how to eliminate the options while taking mocks: Learning this trick while giving mock tests will save your time in the real exam and you will be able to reach your answer more efficiently.
How to attempt reading comprehensions?
Most of the aspirants have a doubt whether to read the passage first or question.
- First, read the whole passage carefully in one go.
- Then take a look at all the questions and find the important points in them.
- Now again read the passage and look carefully for those important points in the passage.
- When you find one of the important points from the questions while reading the passage, again read the question of that particular important point and try to answer that question. (Go back to the passage if you need to).
- Then look for another important point from another question and look for it in the passage, and so on.
- Once you will start practising the RC in this manner, you will find out that this approach will save a lot of time in your examinations. It could be done while solving sample papers or giving mock tests.
Telegram Group: Join
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|