Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 7th June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Puri beach to become Asia’s first with Blue Flag certification
- The Puri beach in the state of Odisha will be the first beach in Asia to get the Blue Flag certification.
- The tag is given to environment-friendly and clean beaches which are equipped with amenities of international standards for tourists.
- Federation of Environment Education (FEE), a Denmark-based organization, selected Puri beach for the coveted Blue Flag certification
- According to the Ministry of Forest and Environment, besides Puri, a total of 13 beaches in India will now have environment-friendly resources to transform them and bring them to international standards. All these beaches will also get the Blue Flag certification.
- Odisha, Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦Foreign Minister Dr. S Jaishankar arrives in Bhutan on first overseas visit
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar arrived in Bhutan on Friday on a two-day visit, his first overseas trip after assuming charge of the ministry, during which he will hold talks with his Bhutanese counterpart and call on Prime Minister Lotay Tshering.
- Bhutan, Capital: Thimphu
- Prime minister: Lotay Tshering
- Currency- Ngultrum
♦Mumbai ‘most congested’ among 403 global cities, Delhi ranks 4th: Study
- An analysis of traffic congestion in more than 400 cities across six continents has found that commuters in Mumbai spent the most time on the road last year.
- Mumbai ranked first in the study, ‘Traffic Index-2018’, compiled by location technology specialist TomTom, with a congestion level of 65 per cent, while New Delhi ranked fourth with a congestion of 58 per cent. Mumbai, which has held on to the top rank for the second consecutive year, beat Bogota (63 per cent), Lima (58 per cent) and Moscow (56 per cent).
- The study covered 403 cities in 56 countries and defined congestion as the extra time added to road travel when traffic doesn’t flow freely.
Current Affairs (International)
♦Theresa May quits as UK PM, starting succession race
- British Prime Minister Theresa May steps down as leader of her Conservative Party on Friday, formally triggering the race for a new successor.
- May will remain prime minister until a new leader is chosen, likely in late July, but has relinquished control over the direction of Britain’s tortuous departure from the European Union.
- Brexit is still scheduled for October 31 but while her rivals thrash it out, the project remains stuck, with the only divorce plan agreed with Brussels stuck in parliament.
- UK, Capital: London
- Currency: Pound
♦UK Foreign Office Board gets first Indian-origin member
- Kumar Iyer has been appointed by the UK government as the Chief Economist of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), making him the first Indian-origin member of the department’s management board.
- Kumar Iyer, who was born in London and spent his early years in India, has previously been based in Mumbai as Britain’s Deputy High Commissioner.
- In this new role as the Chief Economist, which commences in July, he will lead the FCO’s Economics Unit which provides in-house economic analysis input into foreign policy formulation, and also develops economics capability within the FCO through the Economics and Prosperity Faculty of the Diplomatic Academy.
♦Dhirubhai Patel takes oath as Chief Justice of Delhi HC
- Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel was sworn in as Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court Friday. Lt Governor Anil Baijal administered the oath of office to Justice Patel at a function held at Raj Niwas in New Delhi.
- Earlier, Justice Patel was posted at the Jharkhand High Court.
- Lt. Governor-Anil Baijal,
- Chief Minister-Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
- Deputy Chief Minister- Manish Sisodia
♦FIH Hockey Series Finals: Japan defeat Mexico by goal margin of 3-1
- In the International Hockey Federation (FIH) Men’s Hockey Series Finals match played at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar on 7 June, Japan defeated Mexico by a goal margin of 3 – 1.
- FIH, Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Narinder Batra
- Founded: 7 January 1924
- Motto: FairPlay Friendship Forever
♦FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 being in France
- The FIFA Women’s World Cup runs from 7 June to 7 July and kicks off in Paris tonight with hosts France taking on Korea Republic in a sold-out Parc des Princes. All 52 matches will be produced in ultra high definition, offering fans the best-quality coverage of the competition.
- FIFA, President: Gianni Infantino
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Membership: 211 national associations
♦Dr John: Grammy-winning musician dies at 77
- The New Orleans-born musician died on Thursday, according to a message posted on his official Twitter account.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer combined the genres of blues, pop, jazz, boogie woogie and rock and roll.
- A statement said: “Towards the break of day June 6, iconic music legend Malcolm John Rebennack, Jr, known as Dr John, passed away of a heart attack.”
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|