Mixture and Alligation concepts
We’ll talk about the Mixture and Alligation concepts in this post. For several competitive exams, Mixture and Alligation is an essential parrt of quantitative aptitude. The rule of Mixture and alligation allows us to calculate the ratio in which two or more elements at a particular price must be mixed to obtain a a mixture of a desired price.
Mixture and Alligation concepts may be used to solve a variety of problems, including Mixture and Alligation, profit and loss, simple interest, time and distance, percentage, and so on.
So, here we are providing Mixture and Alligations concepts that is important for IBPS, SBI, RBI, LIC, SSC and other competitive exams.
- Mixture :When two or more components are mixed in a certain ratio, a mixture is created.
- Alligation: It is the rule that enables us to find the ratio in which two or more ingredients at the given price must be mixed to produce a mixture of a desired price.
- Mean Price: It is the cost price of a unit quantity of a mixture which is prepared by mixing two or more ingredients.
- Alligation rule: It says that if two ingredients at a given price are mixed to produce a mixture at the given price, the ratio of the quantity of cheaper ingredient and quantity of dearer ingredient is given by;
We present as under :
Let see some application of this formula
Example. In what ratio must a grocer mix two varieties of pulses costing Rs 15 and Rs 20 per kg respectively so as to get a mixture worth Rs 17 per kg ?
Required ratio = 3 : 2
Example. A Shopkeeper has 1000 kg of sugar, part of which he sells at 8% profit and the rest at 18% profit. He gains 14% on the whole. The quantity sold at 18% profit is ?
By the rule of alligation, we have
Required ratio = 4 : 6 = 2 :3
Suppose a container contains x units of liquid from which y units are taken out and replaced by water.
Example A container contains 40 litres of milk. From this container 4 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was repeated further two times.How much milk is now contained by the container ?
Amount of milk left after 3 operations
Read More Quantitative Aptitude concepts
|Mixture and Allegation||Links|
Recommended PDF’s for :
- Computer Capsule : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|