SBI Clerk Recruitment 2019 : Exam Pattern and Syllabus
State banks of India (SBI) will be conducting SBI Clerk Recruitment 2019 for recruiting 8653 candidates interested for Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales). State Bank of India has released SBI Clerk 2019 Notification for Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales).
SBI Clerk 2019 Eligibility Criteria
(A) Essential Academic Qualifications: (AS ON 31.08.2019) Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2019 Those who are in the final year/semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2019.
Note (a) The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet/certificate or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
(b) Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post. Such certificates should be dated on or before 31.08.2019
(B) Age Limit: (As on 01.04.2019)
Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.04.2019, i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1991 and not later than 01.04.1999 (both days inclusive).
To get to the post of Junior Associate/Clerical Cadre through SBI Clerk 2019 exam, candidates are selected through two phases of exams- Preliminary and Mains exam. It is mandatory for a candidate to clear all the phases in order to get the appointment letter from SBI.
SBI Clerk 2019 Exam Pattern:
The selection process will consist of on-line test (preliminary & main examination) and test of specified opted local language.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination (online) consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
- Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall) are prescribed. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies. subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
Phase – II: Main Examination:
The structure of main examination (online objective type) would be as
- Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above. The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon). Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank. No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject are prescribed. Merit list will be drawn State wise, category wise. Candidates qualified in the test (main examination) will be placed according to their aggregate marks in descending order in respective States and Categories.
NOTE: Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in the ‘Acquaint Yourself’ booklet, which will be made available to the eligible candidates along with the call letter for the test.
- Test of specified opted local language: Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
- Provisional Selection (Subject to qualifying specified opted local language). The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the aggregate marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be considered for preparation of the final merit list. Provisional selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination).
Final selection: will be subject to:-
i) Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application.
ii) Qualifying in test of specified opted local language, where applicable, as detailed above. Results of the candidates who have provisionally qualified for selection will be made available on the Bank’s website.
A wait list of up to 50% of vacancies (State-category wise) will be maintained. Candidates will be released from this waitlist on quarterly basis against non-joining and resignation out of the current batch only, subject to the candidates securing minimum qualifying marks as may be stipulated by the Bank for selection. This wait list will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of final result.
SBI Clerk 2019 Syllabus
The SBI Clerk 2019 syllabus is no different from any other Bank Exam. The major three sections that demand a candidate’s complete command are:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
These three broad subjects are further sub divided into multiple subheadings. A candidate must look into the previous years’ papers to know the weightage of the sub-topics in each section. The SBI Clerk 2019 Exam is to be conducted in 2 phase:
- Preliminary Exam and
- Mains Exam
The section of English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning is same in both Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam. The only difference is that the Mains Exam of SBI Clerk Exam has an additional section of Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
The detailed syllabus of all these sections is discussed below:
SBI Clerk 2019 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle and Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension|
|Coding-Decoding||Data Interpretation||Spotting Errors|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Senses||Miscellaneous||Fill in the Blanks|
|Order and Ranking|
SBI Clerk 2019 Mains Exam Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||General English||General/Financial Awareness||Reasoning Ability||
|Simplification||Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms||Current Affairs – news on banking industry, awards and honors, books and authors,latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.||Internet||Basics of Computer: Hardware, Software, Generation of Computers|
|Number Series||Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles||Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, etc.||Machine Input/Output||DBMS|
|Data Sufficiency||Sentence Correction/ Error Finding||Banking/Financial terms||Syllogism||Networking|
|Data Interpretation||Spell Checks||Static Awareness||Blood Relation||Internet|
|Quadratic Equation||Fillers||Banking and Financial Awareness||Direction Sense||MS Office|
|Time & Distance, Work||Cloze Test||Inequalities||Input-Output Devices|
|Profit & Loss||Coding-Decoding|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Ranking|
|Mixture and Allegations||Statement and Assumptions|
|Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Percentages|