The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 8th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Chennai Central renamed as Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M G Ramachandran Central Railway Station
- Chennai Central railway station has been renamed as Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. MGR Central railway station.
- In a notification issued by the State government, Chief Secretary Girija Vaidyanathan said the name of the railway station would be changed with effect from April 5.
- It may be recalled that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced that the railway station would be renamed after the former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister during his visit to Tamil Nadu last month.
♦ Bank of India to divest 25% in Star Union Dai-ichi Life for Rs 1,106 crore
- State-owned lender Bank of India (BoI) is planning to sell 25.05 per cent equity stake in Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance for Rs 1,106 crore at Rs 170.50 floor price of each share.
- BoI has 28.96 per cent equity stake in Star Union Dai-ichi Life insurance. Other joint venture partners in the life insurance company are Union Bank of India and Japan-based Dai-ichi Life Holdings. Union Bank of India owns 25.1 per cent stake in the life insurance company, whereas Dai-ichi Life holdings with 45.94 per cent stake is the majority shareholder.
- After the stake sale, BoI will hold 3.91 per cent stake in Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance.
- In an exchange filing, BoI said it had floated a Request for Proposal (RFP) for sale of equity stake of up to 64.8 million shares of Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance, having a face value of Rs 10 each.
♦ India, Brazil ink treaty for repatriation of sentenced prisoners
- India and Brazil have sealed a treaty for repatriation of convicted prisoners so that they can serve their remaining jail term in their own country. According to a Home Ministry notification, the Instruments of Ratification by India and Brazil were exchanged on January 24, 2019.
- A sentenced person will be transferred under this agreement only on the conditions that the sentenced person is a national of the receiving state, the death penalty has not been imposed on the sentenced.
- person, the judgment is final and there is no inquiry, trial or any other proceeding is pending against the sentenced person in the transferring State.
- Besides, at the time of receipt of the request for transfer, the sentenced person still has at least one year of the sentence to serve, that the acts or omissions for which that person was sentenced in the transferring state are those which are punishable as a crime in the receiving state, or would constitute a criminal offence if committed on its territory, the sentenced person has not been convicted for an offence under the military law and the transfer of custody of the sentenced person to the receiving state shall not be prejudicial to the sovereignty, security or any other interest of the transferring state, the notification said.
♦ NGT fines Andhra Pradesh govt Rs 100 crore over failure to stop sand mining
- The National Green Tribunal has slapped an interim penalty of Rs 100 crore on the Andhra Pradesh government for inaction to prevent illegal sand mining in the state.
- A bench, headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel, directed the chief secretary of Andhra Pradesh to forthwith prohibit all unregulated sand mining.
- The green panel said it is the duty of the government to provide complete protection to the natural resources as a trustee of the public at large.
- “Moreover, even a policy to give free sand as welfare measure cannot justify unregulated mining unmindful of impact on environment. If in the course of mining, damage is caused, the same must be recovered from such violators. Authorities cannot avoid their duty under the environmental law to restore the damage which is a duty to future generations,” the bench said, in a recent order.
♦ U.S. Treasury official David Malpass named World Bank President
- David Malpass, a top U.S. Treasury official in Trump administration, was on April 5 unanimously selected as the new President of the World Bank.
- The World Bank’s 25-member executive board unanimously approved 63-year-old Malpass, who is currently Under Secretary of Treasury for International Affairs, as the development lender’s 13th President for a five-year term beginning April 9, according to a statement.
- Mr. Malpass, a loyalist of President Donald Trump, succeeds Jim Yong-kim, who stepped down on February 1 to join an investment firm. Kristalina Georgieva, chief executive officer of the bank, has been acting as the interim President
- Mr. Malpass was a senior economic adviser to the U.S. President during his 2016 election campaign.
♦ Malaysian golfer dies in hotel room during tournament
- Malaysian golfer Arie Irawan died of “apparent natural causes” on Sunday in his hotel room on the Chinese resort island of Hainan, the PGA tour said in a statement. He was 28.
- Arie, who turned professional in 2013 and won two events on the Asian Development Tour in 2015, had missed the halfway cut at the Sanya Championship, the second event on the PGA Tour China Series.
- “The PGA Tour and the China Golf Association grieve at this loss of one of our members and share sincere condolences with Arie’s wife, Marina, and his parents, Ahmad and Jeny,” the PGA tour statement added.
- “When something of this magnitude occurs in the golf world, we all grieve at the same time.
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More The Hindu Review Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|