RBI Assistant 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
RBI Assistant is an exam conducted by Reserve Bank of India. The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, RBI is the regulator of the entire Banking in India. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification every Year.
We are providing here all the details about the RBI Assistant exam pattern and syllabus. In this article, we will deal with the RBI Assistant exam pattern and syllabus step by step. We will make sure that you have not left with any doubts regarding RBI Assistant exam pattern and syllabus.
RBI Assistant Exam will be conducted online and will have two phases, Prelims and Mains. Third phase will be Language Proficiency Test.
- Prelims: This phase is of qualifying in nature. Marks of this phase isn’t considered for the final selection.
- Mains: Marks obtained in this phase will be considered for the final selection. Hence, just clearing the cut off is not enough, scoring good marks is essential to ensure your selection.
- Language Proficiency Test: The final selection will be based on the performance in the main & language proficiency test. This test will be conducted in the local language of the concerned state. Candidates found inefficient in the local language would be disqualified.
Prelims exam pattern remains unchanged, however certain changes are introduced in Mains exam.
Following are the changes introduced by the RBI:
- There will be Sectional as well as Overall cutoff for both Prelims and Mains.
- There will be sectional time limit in Mains exam. Earlier only composite time was given.
- A candidate cannot switch between the sections because of sectional time.
- Time duration has been increased by 15 minutes for Mains. Total time duration now is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Facts about RBI Assistant Exam Pattern:
- The total marks allotted for the Prelim exam is 100.
- The total marks allotted for the Mains exam is 200.
- Candidate has to clear both the Prelims and Mains exam to be eligible for the post.
- Sectional time limit is applied in the Mains exam only.
♦RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
RBI Assistant 2020 Exam Pattern for Prelims-
The Prelims exam of RBI Assistant 2020 will follow the pattern mentioned below:
|Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for Mains phase –
|Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total|
There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination). 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
♦RBI Assistant Syllabus 2020
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Seating Arrangement – Circular, Square and Linear
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Distance and Direction
- Alphanumeric Series and order and ranking
- Data Sufficiency and Miscellaneous questions
- Logical Reasoning
Numerical Ability Syllabus
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equation
- Time & Distance
- Ratio & Proportion
- Problem on Ages
- Boats & Streams
- Pipe & Cisterns
English Language Syllabus
- Error Detection
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence based error
- Column based question
- Word usage
- Cloze test
- word swap
- Spelling based error, para jumbles
- Idiom and phrases
- Sentence completion
- Vocabulary Based
- Paragraph Completion
General Awareness Syllabus
- News related to Reserve Bank of India
- Banking / Financial Awareness / Economics news
- Current Affairs – Questions can be asked from various fields such as: National, International, Awards, Sports, Defence, Summits, Appointment, Books & Authors and Obituary etc.
- Static Awareness
Computer Knowledge Syllabus
- Computer Generation
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Operating System
- Computer Hardware
- Abbreviations related to Computer Knowledge
- Database Management System
- Internet and web technology
- computer and Networking Security
♦The local languages of the offices of RBI are:
- Ahmedabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubaneswar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali
- Mumbai – Marathi
- Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
*Note: that the Language Proficiency Test or LPT takes place after your result is announced.
- Prelims & Mains: The first will be the Preliminary Examination & the second phase will be the Mains Exam. Qualified candidates of the Prelims Exams will be eligible for the Mains Exam.
- Final Selection: Marks obtained in the Mains Exam will only be considered in the final selection.
- LPT or Language Proficiency Test: After your final selection, you will be allotted a zone. That bank will conduct your LPT or Language Proficiency Test by a process decided by the bank itself.
- No interview round will be there in the RRB Assistant recruitment .
- RBI Assistant Salary (in hand) : RBI Assistant Job Profile and Career growth
- RBI Assistant Previous Year Cutoff
- RBI Assistant Prelims 2020 Memory Based Paper
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- RBI assistant vs Bank PO: Which one is better
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|